WHAT IS ECOTOURISM?
“The trip to a natural area to get to know it, interpret it, enjoy it and tour it while appreciating and contributing in a practical way to its conservation, without generating impacts on the environment and positively impacting the local population”.
Ecotourism Declaration of Daimiel, 2016.
- It is a tourism that revolves around nature and local culture.
- It includes pedagogical and nature interpretation aspects.
- It is offered by specialized local companies.
- Minimizes negative impacts on the natural and socio-cultural environment.
- It contributes to the preservation of local and cultural values as well as the economy and rural population fixation.
In Onís we are committed to promoting ecotourism in Picos de Europa.
We have the privilege and responsibility of living in a territory of high environmental value, in the heart of the Picos de Europa National Park, and tourism is one of the pillars of our economy.
We firmly believe that development cannot be uncontrolled and that we are guardians of our nature and traditions. That is why from the local administration we have developed a Tourism Sustainability Plan and we are working hand in hand with our entrepreneurs to promote this form of tourism and encourage sustainable development in our territory.