Course Food Handler and Local Gastronomy of Onís
Tuesday, March 15, 2022- Food Handler Course
Teaching staff: Certified trainer for training delivery.
Choose between MORNING 9.00 am – 2.00 pm, or AFTERNOON 3.00 pm – 8.00 pm.
- Unit 1 General Principles
- Unit 2 Foodborne diseases
- Unit 3 The human being as a source of pollution
- Unit 4 Food Handling Premises and Utensils
- Unit 5 Food safety self-monitoring and HACCP
- Unit 6 Particular Characteristics of Prepared Meals (Catering)
- Unit 7 Particular Characteristics of Milk and Dairy Products (Small Dairy Industries)
Wednesday, March 16, 2022-Local gastronomy and tourism day
Teaching staff: Lluis Nel Estrada (gastronomic consultant and restaurateur) and Edu V. Coto (cider expert)
- 9.00-10.00.- Selling Gamonéu and other Asturian cheeses from Onís
- 10.00-11.00.- The meat of our mountains
- 11.00-12.30.- Asturies: a world of cider
- 12.30-14.00.- Practical workshop: Tasting of Gamonéu cheese and Asturian beverages. Pairings and presentation suggestions
(DATES, DURATION AND SCHEDULES:
- Tuesday, March 15 (5 hours). A choice of MORNING 9.00-14.00h or AFTERNOON 15.00-20.00h
- Wednesday, March 16 (5 h). Morning hours. 9.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 15; LEADER Building. Benia de Onís)
- Wednesday, March 16; Multipurpose Municipal Center (Benia de Onís)
REGISTRATION: At the Town Hall of Onis firstname.lastname@example.org or Tf. 985 844 005.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: REGISTRATION CLOSED
CERTIFICATION: Students will receive an Official Food Handler Certificate.
Cheesemongers, waiters, cooks and caterers
- Obtain Official Certificate of Food Handler focused on the hospitality industry and dairy producers.
- Frequently asked questions from tourists about our cheeses and natural cider
- New ideas to prepare and present our meats
- Learn about the different beverages with which Gamonéun can be combined through a Gamonéun pairing tasting.
- To know the new trends in the world of cider.
- To know the different types of natural cider in the current market.
- Basic notions of sensory analysis of cheese, cider and wines
OFFICIAL FOOD HANDLER CERTIFICATION
- It will be given to all students taking the course.